Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tool/Formula Workflow Help

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Team,

Is there a tool/formula I can use to split my data in such a  way there are 2 results in the workflow -

NAMEAMOUNT
MTO5
CTO9
KTO1
BTO56
MTO21
CTO99

Result to further work on should be -

NAMEAMOUNT
MTO5
MTO21
CTO9
CTO99

and,

NAMEAMOUNT
KTO1
BTO56

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
NickSm
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @henrygeorge 

Can do this pretty easily with a Filter tool.  Example attached

name_filter.PNG

If you have more than just those two buckets to create, you could use the same process to add additional filters.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi,

I've filtered just for where Name = 'MTO' or 'CTO'

Formula in the filter [NAME] IN ('CTO', 'MTO')

Table 1:

image.png

Table 2:

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workbook for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

@Jonathan-Sherman @NickSm The Filter Tool can't be used here. As I don't want to filter it based on MTO and CTO. They should be automatic - in such a way that if KTO/MTO/BTO is matched with another KTO/MTO/BTO then, they should shown separately and the other single names should be shown separately. Basically if the names match push to separate result to work on; if names don't match push those names to another result to work on. Please advice how I can achieve this.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi,

Does this achieve what you're looking for in that case? Effectively, checking how many of each name exist and filtering for where the count > 1.

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workbook for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels