Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tool Connections

PeterAP
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow tool which has multiple connectors out, however, I've since determined that I need to insert another tool after this which would then lead to the multiple connectors. Is there a way of doing this, without having to remove and recreate all the connections?

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @PeterAP right click the tool and select insert after should add another tool with the connection. You might have to play about it but selecting a Select tool should keep the multiple connections after the current tool and allow you to insert the new tool then connect to the select tool without having to delete multiple connections.

Inset_After_23092020.JPG

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Hi @PeterAP,

Could you add the same tool that currenlty has multiple connectors before that tool. Then, you add the new tool you need to add after the first tool. Finally, select Delete and Connect Around for the last tool.

So, your workflow will currently look something like this.

Multiple Connectors Before.PNG

And then you want to do this to maintain the connectors.

Multiple Connectors After.PNG

Does this make sense? Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Josh

PeterAP
8 - Asteroid

@JosephSerpis @JoshuaGostick 

Thanks Guys, these solutions work for me!

JithendarKatta
5 - Atom

very useful tip

Labels