Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Too Many Fields in record # 23953

kashan
7 - Meteor

I have CSV File and i can see in preview but when I try to run in the workflow to summarize or any task get this error .

When any why Alteryx gives this error message never seen this in using alteryx last 5 years.

Input Data (5) Error reading "C:\Users\xxxx\Downloads\MAP_BASE_ILCL.txt": Too many fields in record #23953

MARKET ACCT_MAP_GRP ACCT_NUM_LINES_GRP ACCT  SBSCR  MIN
SF  MAP MIX    4 IL xxxxxx011 3xxxxxxxx

5 REPLIES 5
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @kashan 

This typically happens when the character being used as the delimiter for the file is found in a field value. There's a few ways to resolve this, if it's just this one record then manually correcting the value is typically easiest. 

If the file is something you can share here, I'm sure the Community could help figure out a plan of action. 

kashan
7 - Meteor

It solved by just changing the field length and treat read errors as warning checks. 

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @kashan I'm curious to know what you kept the field size as? I'm facing a similar issue. 

jos
5 - Atom

this worked for me - I set the file size 10 1024 (just pick any number no logic to it)

jos
5 - Atom

Sorry typo - record size = 1024

Labels