Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

To Create consecutive date time

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I need to create consecutive days until it reaches in the field sequence of days 70 by taking the date equivalent to day 1 as base date.

I need to restart the process again when the sequence of days is 1 

attached is the screenshot

Screenshot 2022-06-14 110225.png

11 REPLIES 11
Matt_D
9 - Comet

Hi @Ronal_bal can you be a bit more specific? From the look of your screenshot you just need a formula tool with this syntax

DateTimeAdd([Date], [Sequence of days]-1, "days")

If possible please provide your input data and your desired output.

Matt

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

I think I need a multi-row formula where I can specify when to start and stop adding the dates with the condition when sequence of days is 1 and stops at sequence of days is 70. this is repeated for different Sample_N

Matt_D
9 - Comet

@Ronal_bal so if you get to 70 days, any dates thereafter in the Expected Output are Null or you start again from the Date?

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

@Matt_D start again from the date equivalent to shift date when the sequence of days starts from 1

Matt_D
9 - Comet

Hi @Ronal_bal an example really helps! 😀

So if sequence of days hits 71, it's the essentially starting the sequence of days from 1? 141 would be the same, etc?

I don't think you need multirow for this if you have the sequence of days column, can just be done in a formula

Attached a workflow which shows the NULL after 70 example using formula and multirow and the restarts every 70 using a formula, specifically the MOD function to reset the counter.

Adrian_T
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @Ronal_bal,

This should do the trick - incorporating @Matt_D's formula into a Multi-Row Formula Tool with a conditional statement to stop the logic after Sequence of days = 70.

Adrian_T_0-1655222670620.png

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

Instead of null after 70. I need to re do the process for the field output

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

This package needs latest version. I don't one! Can you provide me screenshot if possible

Matt_D
9 - Comet

This is the syntax I used in the formula tool for Expected Output

DateTimeAdd([Date], IF Mod([Sequence of days],70) = 0 THEN 70 ELSE Mod([Sequence of days],70) ENDIF - 1, "Days")

Labels