Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Time to update to R 3.6.3

Fraser
6 - Meteoroid

Per the title, R 3.6.3 is the last version of R 3.* and with it some packages are only built on 3.6.3+ (for example {dtplyr}).

Between R 3.5.3 and R 3.6.3 there were no major syntax changes (unlike with R 4.0.*), so will there be any Alteryx release built on R 3.6.3 assuming that you want to stick with major release 3?

5 REPLIES 5
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Fraser,

Alteryx 2020.2 upgraded R to 3.6.3. 

For more info, the release notes can be found here: https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/designer/designer-20202-release-notes

Fraser
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @KaneG. I only see the "Previous Versions" available for downloading Alteryx Designer.

"New Versions" is greyed out, so I'm unable to get 2020.2 right now. What is the trick for getting "New Versions" unlocked?

Fraser_0-1594106802020.png

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Can you see a dropdown on the screen allowing you to change accounts?

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

To give some more info on this now that I'm sitting at my machine, the dropdown that I'm referring to is this one... It can happen when a user has had licenses from 2 different order groups, possibly an extended trial and then the real license for instance.

KaneG_0-1594156387519.png

Fraser
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @KaneG that was it. My username defaulted to one of our older accounts which has since lapsed (we have 4). Quite confusing! Wish it would default to the "current active account", but now we know.

Downloading it right away, thanks again.

Labels