Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Time into hours where days are counted

Brawlstrogg
7 - Meteor

Morning all,

I've got a dataset that has decided that anything over 24 hours should count as a day, so it's appearing like the following;

1900-01-04 16:07:12 

normally on Excel you can get around this with the old [h]:mm:ss and then maths based on that, but I need to make that original format (Date-Time) become a total of seconds for the record. 

I've tried the formula "DateTimeDiff('1900-01-01 ' + [Date-Time Example],'1900-01-01',"seconds")" - but I just get a null value.

Any help would be appreciated muchly.

B.

2 REPLIES 2
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Morning @Brawlstrogg,

I'm not sure I entirely understand what you're after....but here's how I interpreted it:

DateTimeDiff.PNGIf that's not what you needed....attach an example in excel and we'll figure it out :)

Brawlstrogg
7 - Meteor

Hey @LordNeilLord - I've figured it out in a different format (Text to columns and *'ing everything into oblivion)

Thanks for your help, both ways work mind!

Curse the common cold and it's ability to destroy logical thought.

B

Labels