community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Time Zone for Workflow Schedule

Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to schedule a workflow and for doing the same, i set the time zone of my server machine to particular Time Zone. Upon scheduling the workflows, i am finding that workflow are not running as per the expected time. 

Below is an example of the same:

There is a workflow which is in active state and the time for the same has already passed the server time but the flow has not run. The same scenario happened with the completed flow. It ran much after the scheduled time but the run time showed 6:00 a.m.

Could anyone let me know of what am i missing here?

WFSchedule1.JPGWFSchedule2.JPG

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

@GauravRawal

On the server (from an admin view) many jobs can be scheduled to run at or near the same time.  There is a limit to the number of jobs that can be executed concurrently.  Once that limit is reached, the job goes into a queue and waits for the opportunity to run.  Starting a job at the top or bottom of an hour is a quick way to find time-slots that are common.  If I were to want a job to run at 6:30 I might start it at 6:24.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Asteroid

@MarqueeCrew

I agree to that point. But it's a new implementation and the 2 flows shown in the screenshot are the only flows that i scheduled for testing till now.

So, one of them being completed, the Active one is the only one that should have run at the scheduled time. Plus, it takes 2-3 seconds right now(data being less at the moment) when i run this flow manually.

Thanks.

Labels