Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Time Zone conversion

ArnabSengupta
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have a dataset in which the time stamp is in UTC. I want to convert it into CDT/CST (including the daylight saving time switches). I cannot use [DateTimetoLocal] function because our Alteryx server runs on GMT. If I use this function the the time stamp will get converted into GMT instead on CDT/CST.

How can I convert this time stamp in CDT/CST time, with taking into consideration of daylight saving?

I have attached a sample dataset to the question.

Help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13
ArnabSengupta
8 - Asteroid

Datetimetoday() function will return me UTC time, since this WF will run on server and the server is on UTC time

ArnabSengupta
8 - Asteroid

@JonBCOKE : thanks for the comment. The issue is the WF is scheduled on server and the server hours are on UTC.

Thank you!

sandrajansson
7 - Meteor

Sharing the same issue. Server runs on UTC time and I want to convert into UTC+2 during summer period and UTC+1 during winter. As mentioned earlier in the thread, a manual adjustment is not ideal since

• requires manual maintenance
  • what if dates are changed?

What are the options?

Austin004lasrado
7 - Meteor

Hello @JonBCOKE , I get the time stamp in source file which is excel and it's in CST time stamp and i need to convert it to Signapore time zone considering the daylight save. is there a way to do it? Just FYI, the  time in file will always vary to the system time. So i can't use that one. is there a way we can say to the system the time is in CST time zone and need to convert it to Signapore?

Eg: Time zone format in the file: 13:00:00 (24 hour format)

Labels