Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tile tool - are Tile_Num and Tile_SequenceNum values deterministic ?

j4jackycheng
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I'm new to Alteryx, recently discovered the Tile tool. Would like to get some guidance on how to use it.

I would want to use the Tile tool to look at an input spreadsheet, and then with 'Tile Method' = Unique Value,  and 'Unique column' base on 5 of the input columns.  I want to then filter on the TileNum which represents a unique scenario with the combination of my 5 columns, and get a particular subset of data base on the scenario.

My question is that, with the same spreadsheet, same Alteryx flow, if i run it now and filter on TileNum=1, is it always going to return the same set of result as I would get tomorrow when i run it again?  Is the TileNum deterministic?

Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @j4jackycheng 

The answer is you will get same results everytime. 

The tile_seq ordering depends on your input data order.

Hope this helps : )

j4jackycheng
7 - Meteor

Thank you @atcodedog05  .  I just wish that they have more detail documentation on these behaviours.  Thanks

Labels