Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Throttling a macro

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that generates around a 3000+ URLs with payloads to be called. There is a Gateway limit on the Endpoint with only 100 requests accepted per minute. So far a throttle tool with the Download have worked. 

But issue that with larger number of requests the OAuth token expires in about 30 mins. 3000+ requests will take longer than that. I already have created a iterative macro that takes one URL at a time and skips the rest for the next loop. If a 401 status is returned then it regenerates the Auth token and reruns the same URL.

But this has a limit of iterations it can run so I am planning on using a batch macro instead. The problem with that is how do I make sure that only only 100 calls are made in a minute.

How do I introduce throttling in a batch/iterative macro?

1 REPLY 1
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @fardeen9983 When I've been in this situation before I've used the CReW 'Wait a second' Macro (Available here) This will ensure that your iteration will take at least as long as you set the 'Wait a second' to wait. So you can still 'throttle' when you've only got 1 record going through a download tool.

Labels