Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Throttling a macro

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that generates around a 3000+ URLs with payloads to be called. There is a Gateway limit on the Endpoint with only 100 requests accepted per minute. So far a throttle tool with the Download have worked. 

But issue that with larger number of requests the OAuth token expires in about 30 mins. 3000+ requests will take longer than that. I already have created a iterative macro that takes one URL at a time and skips the rest for the next loop. If a 401 status is returned then it regenerates the Auth token and reruns the same URL.

But this has a limit of iterations it can run so I am planning on using a batch macro instead. The problem with that is how do I make sure that only only 100 calls are made in a minute.

How do I introduce throttling in a batch/iterative macro?

1 REPLY 1
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @fardeen9983 When I've been in this situation before I've used the CReW 'Wait a second' Macro (Available here) This will ensure that your iteration will take at least as long as you set the 'Wait a second' to wait. So you can still 'throttle' when you've only got 1 record going through a download tool.

Labels