Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Thoughts on how best to guide a user through an Analytic app

chickenlicken
8 - Asteroid

I'm building an analytic app that asks the user to make selections from a tree that will then be analysed in the main workflow.  I would ideally like them to make the choices and then produce an alert question that says : "You have selected x, x and x, is this correct?"  

Is this possible?  Or is the optimal solution to this to configure the app to produce a CHECK output as well as the main analytical output after it runs, which will show the user what their choices were and tell them to check and re-run if it wasn't what they were expecting.

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@chickenlicken 

Error conditions will stop a workflow.  If you really want to prevent the user from wasting their time, then you'll need to create a linked application.  After completing the configuration for the job, you will call a second application.  The configuration for the second job will read the configuration parameters and you'll display them with a yes/no.  To pass the options, you'll need to write a file to a shared drive and read that file as part of an interface tool.  If they select yes, the workflow will run.  If they select no, you can disable the whole workflow via an action.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @chickenlicken 

Check this article to read more about what master @MarqueeCrew  said. There's also a real example of a chained app, maybe it could be helpful.

Cheers,

chickenlicken
8 - Asteroid

Thanks this is great, really helpful

Labels