Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

This workflow seems to crash Alteryx across different installs (server and desktop tested)

KaiLarsen
9 - Comet

No reason this should fail. Hits 1+ GB of data, but tiny compared to some problems I've worked with. Crashes anytime I look at the data at any tool.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/tybox2qjcn5qhjb/DataIntegrationMetaKagge%20v2.yxzp?dl=0

9 REPLIES 9
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Is there a particular error that you are getting? My laptop runs this workflow in just under 30 seconds. 

output.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Also no issues looking at the data in any of the tools. I am currently running Alteryx 2019.3

output 2.png

KaiLarsen
9 - Comet
Did you try to look at the data in some of the midpoints where there is more data? The upper part has little data and does not crash the system.
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Interesting, I was just able to replicate Alteryx closing by clicking on the right anchor of the sort tool. Upon further investigation it looks like the PrivateScoreFullPrecision field is what is causing the issues. When I try to convert it to a fixed decimal I get this: inf is not a valid number

Conversion Error.png

@DiganP this is the workflow that we are taking a look at

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Found a way to fix it!!! Set the PrivateScoreFullPrecision to a double instead of a float in the beginning of the workflow. 

solution.png

KaiLarsen
9 - Comet

Nice. Thanks @BrandonB. Nice fix even if it leaves the underlying issue in place. Don't imagine I'm likely to have the same problem again.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I will also forward this to folks who can take a closer look at what is going on. Thank you for reporting this!

KaiLarsen
9 - Comet

I can now, sadly, report that changing the requested field to double does nothing. Still crashes when I look at the outcoming data from Tool 25.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The issue is definitely with the PrivateScoreFullPrecision. Tool 25 as you have it configured creates a new field from PrivateScoreFullPrecision and set it as a float. If you change this data type output to a double as well it fixes the issue. 

Example.png

Labels