Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

There were no output files Message while testing the app in designer

ndhawad
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am trying to create an analytical app , which provides user to filter on the needed location. The output needs to be color coded and finally rendered as an excel. I have used Basic Table tool for providing color rules and a render tool for generating excel. When the workflow is run the excel is generated. But while running the flow as an analytical app the file is not rendered and it is giving the following message. Could you help me out in understanding as to why is the output not getting rendered and how can this be resolved?

ndhawad_1-1600786959106.png

Thank you,

Niharika

6 REPLIES 6
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It looks like it's not generating an output. Can you expand the output log and take a screenshot of that? There is probably some sort of error. Are you possibly able to upload a copy of your workflow?

I also suggest running your workflow in debug mode. If you go to View > Interface Designer. The second option on the left allows you to select values for the app and then debug. The debug will open a workflow with the updated parameters. From there, you can run the workflow and check for errors.

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ndhawad 

It is most likely that when running it as an app, it is generating the new excel file for you, but just not displaying this as an output as you are unable to preview an Excel file. 

What would the end user need to see here?

In order for them to be able to generate the files, you can set what the user sees upon success. To do this, if you go into the 'View' settings and open up the 'Interface Designer'

- Select the 4th grey icon - the cog

- You can then set what they will see on success - there should be a checklist of files

- You can also add in some custom text at this point

Let me know if this works for you.

Kind Regards,

Will

ndhawad
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Will,

I did select the output options in the interface designer. I checked the Render option as well. But even then only the output with render is not working. I tried with a simple output tool and the app ran without errors and generated the output:

ndhawad_0-1600794619704.png

This is the output from running with Render tool:

ndhawad_1-1600794938437.png

ndhawad_2-1600794978425.png

The idea is to generate excel output as per the filter selected. A user would select filter in the gallery and run workflow to generate the excel. I am stuck at this.. and nothing is working. I am using the 2020.2.3 version of Alteryx. 

Let me know if anything else can be done or if there is a workaround.

Thanks,

Niharika

ndhawad
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I debugged my flow as suggested, my listbox and filter were not set properly because of which it was not passing any data through the filter. Therefore the output was not getting generated.

My issue is resolved now.

Thanks for the suggestion. Appreciate the help.

Niharika

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Have you tried running your workflow in debug?

Looking at the output log, it doesn't look like any records are being processed at the end due to your filters. This is likely causing there to be no output.

echuong1_0-1600797593093.png

ytan
5 - Atom

I did that, still nothing, has the service changed?

Labels