Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

The same string does not match

svergtanya
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I have 2 columns with postcodes, that have V_WString type. When I compare them by formula below, part of them shows as don't match, but looks totaly the same (for example, '75321' and '75321' it recognizes as different). I did Trim on both columns in the previous step before the formula.

IF [recp_pstl_cd]=[Delivery/Receiver Postal Code] THEN 1 ELSE 0 ENDIF

What can be the reason? 

4 REPLIES 4
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @svergtanya,

Could you share a workflow where the issue occurs? I've tried mocking it up but my check works?

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1617960815829.png

I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Are you able to share the offending row of data?

Try copying and pasting the values into a text editor / the Formula Tool editor as this can sometimes show up invisible control characters.

Try applying the formula, 

DecomposeUnicodeForMatch(String)

to each column.

Try setting both columns to string type (not V_WString)

See if any of that works. Sharing the row of data would be the best thing though.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@svergtanya 
Any chances, these two columns are having different data type, one is string, and other one is numerical?

svergtanya
7 - Meteor

Thank you everyone for the help and the recommendstions. 
I have found that the issue was with the logic. 
The model is toooo complex and long and I didn't notice, that I have created flag for string comparison before data cleaning and transformation and it impacted the results. 

Sorry for the misleading and thanks everyone for the help!

Labels