Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

The issue of Alteryx Designer on 09/14/2021

mingleiw
5 - Atom

We experienced an issue Alteryx Designer where the application closes upon opening and/or running workflows between 5am-8am PST time today (09/14/2021).

Alteryx team did resolve this issue.

But, does anyone know the root cause of this issue? Does Alteryx Designer communicate with any server outside when opening?

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @mingleiw ,

I could be wrong here, but your Alteryx designer is always talking to your licensing platform, but Im not sure when and how that works.  

That is my guess where the problem actually was.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@mingleiw 
I think I experienced the same around the time you mentioned.

I dont know the cause though. 

mingleiw
5 - Atom

Thank you, Fernando @fmvizcaino !

Where is the licensing platform? Is it maintained by Alteryx?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @mingleiw ,

You can find information about the licensing portal here: https://help.alteryx.com/product-activation-and-licensing/about-alteryx-license-keys

It is mantained by a 3rd party service called Flexnet Operations, but the administration of your license is done internally by the license admin of your company.

You can access licenses.alteryx.com with your own user and license key (if you don't have an account, you can create one). There you will have access to all the downloads. Your admin have access to the downloads and also is able to administer all licenses from your company.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels