Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

The field "XXX" was renamed conflicting with an existing field name

e_mariee
6 - Meteoroid

I am running a workflow to format my inputs. However, I get this error (The field "XXX" was renamed conflicting with an existing field name). What does this mean? The specific field it is referring too is not duplicated nor empty. I am not sure why it is not capturing this specific field?

10 REPLIES 10
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @e_mariee 

Check your select tool renames there is a possibility that you have renamed a column when another column with the same name exists.

Hope this helps : )

e_mariee
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @atcodedog05     

That is weird cause I don't have any renames and that field is not duplicated. However, how come that specific field is duplicated within my join tool and in yellow? 

Sorry, I am new with Alteryx, so I am trying to understand what is causing it.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @e_mariee 

If its yellow that means its a rename. Column names needs to be unique hence rename is done to keep them unique.

atcodedog05_0-1632503321692.png

Hope this helps : )

e_mariee
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

I see, but mine is like the whole row is in yellow text, and duplicated in two rows. 

e_mariee_0-1632503549407.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @e_mariee 

These denote missing columns. Means the columns were initially there now its not there.

e_mariee
6 - Meteoroid

How could I bring it back? because before my join tool, that specific column is part of my field, and now I am not sure how it is showing as missing, as I needed that column too.

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @e_mariee 

Can you provide one bit of clarifying information for us? What is the tool that is throwing this warning? The results window should list the tool in question. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1632503855194.png

e_mariee
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! It wasn't showing me any warnings, but just error on my join tool. 

However, I was able to resolve it by going on the option on my join tool and clicking "forget highlighted missing fields"

Thank you all for the fast response to assist all of us 🙂 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Great to hear it got fixed @e_mariee 🙂👍

Labels