Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

The data being written to this sheet is too large. Aborting process

alt_tush
9 - Comet

Hi,

I am getting following error "Error: Output Data (2): The data being written to this sheet is too large. Aborting process."

while write the more 500,000 records in Excel (.xlsx) using output tool.

As i understand well Excel (.xlsx) file limits is approx. 1 Million rows but Alteryx not allowing to save half of that records i.e. 500,000.

Could you please help us to solve this,

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @alt_tush 

Are you appending the data or overwriting the sheet?

I tried a sample and it seems to work for me for 1,000,000 records

atcodedog05_0-1641968687816.png

Hope this helps : )

alt_tush
9 - Comet

Hi atcodedog05,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

But in my case i have .yxdb file where i have total 219 fields and 600,000 records which i want to save into Excel (.xlsx format).

I can able to write the records in excel if i can select max 155 columns out of 219 fields then i can able to write all the records in excel. And if i select all 219 fields then i can write maximum 400,000 records in excel.

So here situation is either i have to reduced the no. of columns to 155 if i want to write all the 600,000 records in excel.
Or I want to reduced no. of records to 400,000 if i want to write all 219 columns.

But i dont understand why alteryx not allowing to write the records including all 600,000 rows and 219 columns.

Please note i am using Alteryx designer 2019.1.6

Thanks again 🙂

Labels