Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

The cell has embedded newlines.

mmustkee
9 - Comet

Hi team,

I am using below formula but as a output I am having an error as attached mentioning "The cell has embedded newlines." and I am unable to VLOOKUP  the value by Find and Replace Tool. Kindly advise me how to remove this 'Embedded error' so that the new filed which came after using below formula can be used for find and replace tool and we can have correct value..

"if Contains([Hotel City Name], 'ST LOUIS') then 'SAINT LOUIS' else [Hotel City Name] endif"

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Mohammad Mustkeem

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mmustkee ,

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you provide an example workflow of what you're trying to do?

Thanks,

M.

Bulien

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

You can use the replace method in order to remove new lines from the data.

Please check this topic as this might be helpful for you:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/This-cell-has-embedded-newlines/m-p/70...

mmustkee
9 - Comet

Hi,

The link is not helpful. If I am using formula (REGEX_Match([Hotel City Name], 'Business\s+development')) or "REGEX_Match([Hotel City Name], '\n+', '')"

all the evalues in the column are turning to "0".

I have other values also in the column which does not have embedded error. everything is turning to "0". I want only specific values with the error should be changed to normal text so that it can be used to VLookup.

Thanks,

Mohammad Mustkeem

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Maybe try to use this formula

REGEX_Replace([Field1], '\n', '')

Labels