Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

The Screen Looks Weird, pls help :(

rively90
8 - Asteroid

I've been using Alteryx for almost a month now. I had to change my window size from 150% to 100% every time I use this app. I'm a windows 10 user btw. The screen in the Alteryx sucks. Sometimes they are too small. Also,, there's a bar on the left side (I forgot what it's called). Configuration tool i guess? Now, it's missing, I don't know what to do. I was playing because that screen blocked my tools. Then, it disappeared. ugh. it's so frustrating. Now, I only have the error tool, which supposes to be at the bottom of the screen. I had to move it around, bc it kept hiding my tools. This is not user-friendly. I already tried the suggestions from this community, none worked, unfortunately. I hope someone can help me with this. I'm so frustrated. Sorry :(.

alteryxsucks.pngalteryxsucks2.pngalteryxsucks3.png

6 REPLIES 6
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Scaling the screen will not play nice with Alteryx. To get the windows back where they were in Alteryx, you can reset the settings under Options > User Settings > Restore Defaults.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@rively90 
Agree with @gabrielvilella 
You can also try to save user setting

Untitled.png

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Hey @rively90,

Don't Worry buddy. Its not a screen scaling issue. Its just that you mistakenly got your Results Pane into Floating Mode. Just click the Drop Down beside that Result-DateTime-Output and select Dockable. This applies to all such windows within Alteryx Designer. Options available under Dropdown are Floating, Docakble, Tabbed Document, Auto Hide, Hide.

To get your Configuration & Interface Designer back, just go to View Menu and checkmark the respective options.

I understand that simplest method is to Restore Default Settings but knowing the above dynamics won't give you panic attack next time 😂 as even I had gone through this feeling when I faced this for the 1st time. 🤣

Regards.

rively90
8 - Asteroid

Hi! Thanks for replying.

I already tried to restore the default. Yes, I got my configuration tab back. However, the screen is still small. Any suggestion for this? 

You mentioned that scaling the screen won't play nice with Alteryx. Is there any other solution for this?

I already tried to restore the default. Yes, I got my configuration tab back. However, the screen is still small. Any suggestion for this? 

If I have to change back my windows scaling from 100% to 150%. The screen in Alteryx looks too big and not in high quality.

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Hey @rively90,

Did you try to uncheck the High DPI Scaling Override.

rively90
8 - Asteroid

i did, but the screen looks very low quality.

Labels