Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

The Inviso Macros Facebook Insights connector doesn't provide all measures

getcodin18
6 - Meteoroid

The Inviso Macros Facebook Insights connector doesn't provide all measures that you get when you download insights data as csv files from your facebook page why is that?  Has any one else encountered this situation and how have you resolved it?

4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I think it's important to remember these tools are built by individuals using their own time and are not moneytized in anyway and often they are difficult to maintain especially when working with APIs which may change the responses available, which I guess may have happened in this instance.

I would perhaps write to Invisio asking if there is scope to add these missing metrics to the macro, using the contact address on their site. Alternatively there is no harm in trying to ammend the macro yourself. Right click on the macro and select 'Open Macro' and you will be able to dive in and perhaps make a simple change that brings back this additional data.

This may even be a difference between the facebook API and the 'csv' download by default, but the only way to find that out would be to have a read through the API documentation.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/v2.12/insights

My one second read of this would suggests there are simply new metrics that weren't there when this was first built. What you will have to do is update the file 'Metrics.yxdb' which sits in the folder 'AssistingMacros' in the same location of the macro itself. If you rewrite this file to include the metrics you desire, then everything will likely then work.

Ben

getcodin18
6 - Meteoroid
Hi Ben,
I am new to Alteryx. How do I edit the Macro?

Joseph
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If you bring the macro onto the canvas, you can the right click on the macro and go to 'open macro'.

Ben

naddy23nair
5 - Atom

Hi Joseph, 

You should try using the connectors built by Grazitti Interactive: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Partner-Tools/ta-p/123297. 

Regards

Nadish

Labels