Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

The Find Replace function truncated my result on certain date

skong
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I have a simple workflow that retrieve the last quarter-end date and put it in a predefined string.

For example, the predefined string is "//folder_location/YYYY/Month/Quarter_End_Report_MM.DD.YYYY.xlsb" and the input date is 1/30/2020.

Then the output string that I desired is "//folder_location/2019/December/Quarter_End_Report_12.30.2019.xlsb".

I got the main component works, but somehow the Find Replace function keeps truncate my output for Q3 and Q4.

I thought it is because my string is long, so I tried a shorten string, but the issue still persisted.

If you look into the attachment, sample #1 is working as expected, but sample #2 has my result truncated.  (and the only differences is the date)

The sample #3 and #4 is an experiment to confirm that it is not related to the string length.

May I please ask for help from one of you experts?

Thanks in advance!

skong_0-1613692280449.png

1 REPLY 1
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@skong the truncation occurred because you are trying to replace with more characters than what the Link_location has a data type for.

I have increased the size of the Link_location in the attached workflow and it should give you what you expected.

Labels