Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

The Designer x64 reported: Internal Error: Cannot acquire memory for e1 Shim.

elinalin
6 - Meteoroid

Hi folks, 

I have encountered the above error which I am hoping to get some ideas about. I couldn't find anything about this error message in the Alteryx Community discussion, and I have no clue what it means, so any help is appreciated! 

8 REPLIES 8
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@elinalin 
can you give us a bit more details?
what tool is having this error and a snapshot would also help.

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you are using AMP Engine, could you please add the AMP Engine label to this post? I will ask our AMP Developers if they know what this means. The e1 shim should only be involved when we need to fall back to the original engine for some functionality in workflows that are using AMP Engine. You can tell by looking at the Workflow Configuration - Runtime tab, there is a "Use AMP Engine" checkbox, if that is checked then AMP is enabled. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
elinalin
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Tonya,

Yes the "Use AMP Engine" checkbox was checked when the workflow was run. For sure I will add the AMP Engine label to this post.

May I ask if I can expect a reply to this post once the AMP Developers figure out a solution? 

elinalin
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Qiu,

Thanks for asking for more details! The error message I got is as follows, and it doesn't seem to tell me which tool the error is from, so I assume it's an error for the overall workflow. Let me know if you have any idea. 

elinalin_0-1662738868710.png

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

What do you have your Memory Limit setting set to?  It seems that you do not have enough available memory to run the workflow. You can see that in the Workflow Configuration - Runtime tab: 

TonyaS_0-1662741127165.png

Tonya Smith
elinalin
6 - Meteoroid

This is what I have got:

elinalin_0-1662744595481.png

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you have access to update that memory limit, I highly suggest increasing it. I typically have 9000 MB minimum on mine. 

Tonya Smith
Aditya_Nag
5 - Atom

I encountered the same error when executing the workflow on the server.  Since the setting is set to use Global default, Can you please share where this Global default value is maintained?

Labels