community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended.

Meteor

I didn't save it when I found it.  I know I liked it, but now I can't find it.  Sorry!

Meteor

Jackie7890

Atom

‎04-17-2019 11:22 AM

I had this same error (The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended) and here is how I was able to fix it.

The problem started when I changed my output file name in a Render Tool using the text box directly, instead of browsing to the folder and typing in the name. In Alteryx, you have two options for entering your output filename, either by entering the full file path as a string, or by navigating to the folder and typing just the name of the output file, selecting the datatype, and clicking Save. in this case I was outputting a Report to an .xlxs, and had changed the output string directly to the same name as an existing file, desiring the Report Output to overwrite the existing file.

I resolved the problem by navigating to the desired folder using the Disc/Save button, then typing in the box, and the error disappeared. Even overwriting an existing report, I had no error.

I hope that helps!

Hi,

I also had this error occur several times with a longstanding workflow that i hadn't changed. 

It was due to local hardrive not having enough space, once i'd cleared a few files it ran fine. 

Hope this saves someone the time i spent trying everything else first!!

Oscar 

Good find! I'm not sure I would have ever thought to look at that!  Another cause for this elusive error

Labels