This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
I've moved my Alteryx Designer running on Windows 10 in a VMware Fusion virtual Machine from a MacBook Pro to an iMac Pro (just by copying the Windows VM) and suddenly I'm getting only in some of my workflows the following error when trying to write *.hyper files (*.tde outputs seems to work OK):
The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended.
It's really weird because the workflows where running without problems before. BTW I'm the Admin of my Machine, I'm using the following Alteryx's version (because I'm using the Scheduler too, but not for the workflows with the errors):
Alteryx Admin Designer
and my workflows have *xydb inputs that are in a network disk location where I can read/write and my outputs are also in a network disk location where I can read/write.
This error is very similar than the ones to be found in another threads but not quite the same so unfortunately I haven't been able to find any help to tackle it. Can I maybe turn on something to catch more details for the error handling?
I really appreciate any Feedback, since the error is affecting production workflows.
I just had this issue myself. We were reading data from Qlik in QVX format. This file has metadata saved for each column.
The issue was that the Qlik file said "Column X" has data type "DOUBLE". But on 5 out of 1 000 000 records, there was a text string insdie the column.
Browsing the file with the browse tool crashed Alteryx and closed it immidiatly. So Alteryx seems to be so stressed out about this that it dies of an immidat heart attack, pannicing as it thinks "I know every number in the whole world, why can't I figure out which number 'ABCD' is?".
So I added a select tool right after the source file, then changed field type to VW_String. This was Alteryx didn't crash and i found the rows in question. Then we had backend fix the issue before the export. It could have been solved by chaning type back to Double again, but then I would get null values.
I am getting this error with a process I've been running for over 2 years now. Nothing has changed in my workflow. I just started getting the error message a couple of weeks ago. I'm actually going to sit and watch it today and see where the error hits. It is a very long, detailed workflow.
I found a solution someone else posted and tried that and it worked. I went to the tool that was having the issue and changed the location of the file it was referring to and saved the workflow. It worked. No more issues. Finicky, I guess.