community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended.

Meteoroid

I'm getting the same error on 2019.1. No long characters or fields in my data.

 

 

Moderator
Moderator

Hi @ftorres,

 

Please feel free to reach out to support@alteryx.com as this issue most likely requires some deep diving.

 

Regards,

Michael Adler

Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx 

Michael Adler
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hello!

 

I just had this issue myself. We were reading data from Qlik in QVX format. This file has metadata saved for each column.

The issue was that the Qlik file said "Column X" has data type "DOUBLE". But on 5 out of 1 000 000 records, there was a text string insdie the column.

 

Browsing the file with the browse tool crashed Alteryx and closed it immidiatly. So Alteryx seems to be so stressed out about this that it dies of an immidat heart attack, pannicing as it thinks "I know every number in the whole world, why can't I figure out which number 'ABCD' is?".

 

So I added a select tool right after the source file, then changed field type to VW_String. This was Alteryx didn't crash and i found the rows in question. Then we had backend fix the issue before the export. It could have been solved by chaning type back to Double again, but then I would get null values. 

Meteoroid

I had this issue when writing out spatial data to a .hyper file.

 

The issue manifested when I had shapes with 0 area (in Australia, the census allocated people who are working offshore to a notional geospatial area with 0 sqm).

 

When I removed the shapes with 0 area (spatial info + filter) it wrote out fine.

Meteoroid

This error seems to pop it's head up in several different places.

 

We had it appear when reading data from Snowflake. A straight select statement with just the field names worked, but adding a WHERE clause caused this error.

 

We haven't worked out all the nuances yet, but we found that fully qualifying all the field names allowed the where clauses to succeed.

 

Alteryx Partner

I ran into this error as well while batch converting xlsx to pdf with a batch macro.

Meteor

I am getting this error with a process I've been running for over 2 years now.  Nothing has changed in my workflow. I just started getting the error message a couple of weeks ago. I'm actually going to sit and watch it today and see where the error hits.  It is a very long, detailed workflow.

Labels