Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

The Action Tool has an error: The file name ist empty

etzele
8 - Asteroid

Hi everybody,

I was creating a simple app to test things and ran into an error which I can not fix. I think I have done it in the same way earlier without problems but somehow something is different here.

I want to user to choose wether the output should be yxdb oder xlsx. I created two radio buttons and designed the menu such that they collapse, meaning that you are only asked to provide an xlsx destination if you want and xlsx.

However, the workflow throws an error when I choose the yxdb output saying the field is emtpy (which is true but it shouldn't matter.

I attached a screenshot and the corresponding workflow. Looking forward to you support.

Best regards

Erik

etzele_0-1599470316046.png

6 REPLIES 6
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @etzele ,

adding a Condition tool should help:

2020-09-07_12-23-01.png

I've added that to your workflow. Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

etzele
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @RolandSchubert 

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@RolandSchubert that is super clever!

etzele
8 - Asteroid

One more thing:

When I uploaded the workflow on our Alteryx Server the error appeared again!

Any ideas why this happens?

VegasBeans
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @etzele , Did you ever get this figured out on Server? I'm getting the same error, but only on Server, not Desktop.

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

If anyone is facing an issue like this, try turning off the AMP Engine.

Labels