Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text to columns issue

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone, 

I have the following data:

Email                        Computer Name        Title                      Unselected Title

test@test.com          Dell100                      Unselected           ABC, DEF

test@test.com          Dell200                      Unselected           ABC, DEF  

When I use the text to columns tool on Unselected Title, I end up with this:

Email                       Computer Name         Title                      Unselected Title 

test@test.com         Dell100                       Unselected           ABC

test@test.com         Dell100                       Unselected           DEF

test@test.com         Dell200                       Unselected           ABC

test@test.com         Dell200                       Unselected           DEF

My desired output is the following:

Email                      Computer Name           Title                      Unselected Title

test@test.com        Dell100                         Unselected           ABC

test@test.com        Dell200                         Unselected           DEF

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I used the "Join by Record Position" feature in the Join tool to produce the desired output.

Check out the example solution and let me know if that works for you.

danrh
13 - Pulsar

I made a MAJOR assumption here that the order of the computers matches the order of the Unselected Titles. If that's not always true, how do you determine which unselected title goes with which computer name?

image.png

Labels