This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?
I've few date columns (say 6-7), I would like to do text to columns so that I can extract dd and mm and yyyy into 3 new columns.
If we have a single data field, I would use Text-to-column tool and get it, but how do we do the same when we have more date fields.
Attached is the sample data for reference.
Appreciate for the response.
I would use the Multi Field Formula with [_Currentflied_].
The first thing is to convert all your dates to a date type, then you can extract day, month and year for each field.
See attached workflow.
I would do the following:
- Use a MultiField formula to sort the inputs out so all in Alteryx Date Format:
Will work for the list of formats you supplied (first pad with 0 then flip Year and Day if needed, finally convert type in the MultiField tool)
- Add a record ID
- Transpose so each field is a row
- Use a Regex to split the fields to D, M, Y
- Transpose again so D, M, Y are rows too
- Make a new column name combining the original field and D,M,Y field names
- Crosstab to build output