Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text to Tabular form for excel

Mavericks334
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a text file into a tabular form and send it to an excel file.  The text file has multiple rows i have tired to use multi row formula was able to create only a single column tried adding another multi row row formula to get the other details i get only the 1st row. Below is the screenshot  of how my data looks and what i am trying to achieve

This how my raw data looks.

Error.jpg

This how i require the final output file

Error Final.jpgI have tried this has my multi row formula

if startswith('ICS1500-4','REPORT_NAME') then replace('ICS1500-4','REPORT_NAME','') else('ICS1500-4') endif

I tried the similar option for date by using

if startswith('ICS1500-4','REPORT_DATE') then replace('ICS1500-4','REPORT_DATE','') else(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"days")) endif

It does not seem to work. Any suggestion how i could get the complete file to be converted?

Regards,

Ren

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mavericks334 ,

Can you provide a data sample so we can help?

Thanks.

M.

Bulien

Mavericks334
6 - Meteoroid

Hi I'm attaching the sample file. Please review and let me know

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mavericks334 ,

this was a blast from the past! A horrible old non-deliminated text file.

The best way to fix this is to go back to the people running the source system providing the file and tell them to sit in the corner and think about what they've done.

However, attached are the tools you'll need. I've built the workflow, including a batch macro I built, a CReW macro you'll need (Shoutout to @MarqueeCrew  ) Save the .yxmc files in your macro folder, then run the workflow.

Hope this helps.

M

Bulien

Mavericks334
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

Labels