Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text to Columns Challenge

cthurasavin
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I'm new to Alteryx and I'm hoping to get help from the community on how to split a string of report path with report name. Ideally, you would use Text to Columns tool but in this sample value,

"Main Folder /Sub Folder/This is The Report Name"

How can I easily split "Main Folder/Sub Folder/" from "This is The Report Name" in Alteryx Design?

6 REPLIES 6
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @cthurasavin 

You could use REGEX Parsing with the REGEX Tool:

(.*/)(.*)

Cheers,

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

shotnumber1.PNG

Cheers,

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @cthurasavin 

I'd take @Thableaus 's approach, with a Regex parse. You can use the Regex tool, using the Parse method, and that code listed above.

If you'd like to stick with Text to Columns, you can delimit on a "/" into three columns. Then use a formula tool to join the first two columns back together. [A]+"/"+[B], where A and B are the new column names from the Text to Columns tool, should do the trick.

Cheers!

Esther

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@cthurasavin You can use regex, the parse method. 

\>\/(.*)

Attached is the workflow.  

Digan
Alteryx
cthurasavin
6 - Meteoroid

Wow, that is an awesome solution! Thank you!!!

cthurasavin
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @EstherB47! I used @Thableaus's approach and it's exactly what I was looking.

Labels