Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Text classification using python notebook in alteryx ?

RVK_RM
7 - Meteor

Hi
I have a question regarding the text classification using the machine learning model in python.

My current design - Reading the data using python notebook in alteryx and process and predict the output and write back to the database. Is that a correct approach?

(I am aware of the inbuilt machine learning models since creating a custom model I prefer to use my own python code)

6 REPLIES 6
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @RVK_RM ,

I don't see why not. After all the Python tool is there partly for that purpose.

One thing that I would point out is the maintenance of that code. It is on you to ensure the code that you are using is valid at all times and any future changes to the code compatibility and package usage.

Using Altx tool may take the maintenance task off your plate.

RVK_RM
7 - Meteor

@ImadZidan  Thanks for the repay.

Since i am adding extra layer of text extraction i need this custom code.

RVK_RM
7 - Meteor

@ImadZidanCan we upload the .py file in altreyx. The .py will consumed by python notebook in alteryx ?

divyang21
5 - Atom

@RVK_RM

yes you can import .py file directly into Alteryx. Please refer to the below steps for the same.

You can import a file or directory in two ways:

• Use the import function in the Alteryx menu to import individual Python scripts or Jupyter Notebooks.
  • Use the import command to import a directory.

Follow these steps to import a Python script or Jupyter Notebook with the import function:

1. Select the Alteryx menu.
  2. Select Import Script.
  3. Select Choose File.
  4. Navigate to a .py or .ipynb file and select Import.

Attaching the reference link below for your help

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/python-tool

Hope this helps!!!!

Thanks.

apoorv_trivedi
5 - Atom

Yes , you can do that as pointed out below but you will have to tune the script further so that it is executable in Alteryx interface. 

The documentation will help. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Python/ta-p/197860

Thanks.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Sorry @RVK_RM , I am late to the party.

Yes you can and the link @divyang21  provided shows how. 

If you want to expand further on how to build a workflow around it. Lets do it.

Labels