Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text box update multiple filters

EstherHesseling
7 - Meteor

Happy new year all!

I'm trying to update multiple tools in my workflow. I tried to figure it out, but it is still unclear.

This is a simplified workflow (as my original workflow contains much more tools). In this workflow I would like to update the two filters by using a text box.

EstherHesseling_1-1577893923245.png

Does some know how to do this?

5 REPLIES 5
huynv96
9 - Comet

Try it, bro

1.PNG2.PNG

EstherHesseling
7 - Meteor

Hi @huynv96 

Thanks for your reply. I tried to open your solution, but I have some troubles with version of Alteryx (due to my license).

I changed the things which you showed in the images. But is it then possible to change only the value (entity) in the text box tool? So change only time the entity instead of two times in the filter?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @EstherHesseling ,

It is absolutely correct the way you have created your analytical app and configured your action tools.

The only thing you need to correct is the way you are writing in the textbox It should be as below:

fmvizcaino_0-1577913706846.png

If you don't want to have two action tools in your workflow, you could do as the image below. The only thing I have done to simplify was to remove one of the filters, since your join tool is already working as a filter.

fmvizcaino_1-1577914071226.png

Let me know if that makes sense to you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

EstherHesseling
7 - Meteor

Hi @fmvizcaino,

Thanks for your reply. It worked out!

Improves my workflow a lot : )

JReid
9 - Comet

You could also try configuring your tools like this:

JReid_0-1578403690759.png

Since the Filter tool uses a formula box, you can hook the interface tool right up to a Q input instead of having to update. This input is labeled by the connector used between the tools, so the default is #1, then #2, etc.

Labels