Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text and Numeric data replacements and prefix additions

bnari12
7 - Meteor

Hi Friends,

In the attached file the i have mentioned my requirements in the column name "requirements" for the data which is in Column " Reference #"

Can you please help me with the workflow to get the required outputs.

Thank you so much!

Regards

bnari12

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@bnari12 
There is need clear pattern, so maybe manual process is best?😣

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @bnari12 !

I saw your instructions but I didn't understood completely yet. So each one of the cases is based on the program ID you have there or is based on the Reference pattern only?

Please see if you can share some more information to we evaluate better what you can do, because you have many different possible cases in the same field .

Regards,

Marcus

bnari12
7 - Meteor

Hi Marcus,

It is based on the data which is in Column "Reference" only, i mean it is based on Reference data and doesn't have any connection with program id.

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Regards

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@bnari12 ,

Look the attached workflow but like @Qiu said, maybe can even be better to you do that manually because don't have patterns. In that example I do strictly the instructions you shared with us, if have something lightly different, probably will crash the formulas. 

Be cautious in this process, maybe can be better to you find a way to divide patterns before do that transformation and them join all together again at the final.

bnari12
7 - Meteor

Sure Marcus, i will check and come back to you.

Thank you so much !

Regards

Labels