Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text To Column Help

JordanHowell
7 - Meteor

I have a list of SKUs that come from our oracle business intelligence program as text OR scientific form (example, 1.01E07). I need the scientific form to come through as text (1010000000) so the workflow will calculate properly.  I tried text to column splitting up the data by the "E" but that splits up any SKU with the "E" character in it.  I need those to remain the same.  

How can I accomplish this?   

3 REPLIES 3
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

The attached workflow will use Regex to match Item string in Scientific format. It looks for a number followed by an E then an optional +/- and then final a number.

If it matches ti convert this to a value then to a string and replace the Item value.

This will convert back from the scientific notation but I would see if you can fix the source file to not have these in the first place if possible.

Hope it helps

James

JordanHowell
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much!

We will try to get they system output to change however, the bureaucracy may take a while for that.  This will help in the mean time. 

alex
11 - Bolide

SN1.JPG

EDIT - This will not handle the e+15 or larger numbers.  I did not notice when I posted that it was an issue and was already solved anyway.

Labels