Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text To Column Help

JordanHowell
7 - Meteor

I have a list of SKUs that come from our oracle business intelligence program as text OR scientific form (example, 1.01E07). I need the scientific form to come through as text (1010000000) so the workflow will calculate properly.  I tried text to column splitting up the data by the "E" but that splits up any SKU with the "E" character in it.  I need those to remain the same.  

How can I accomplish this?   

4 REPLIES 4
NickJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

First of all - thanks for posting!

I used a formula/filter to split the data wherever scientific notation was used and then treated each part of the split separately (using the POW() function in a formula to fully express the scientific notation). 

I recombined these with a Union tool and you now have a full representation for your Item field which you can continue to use to build out your workflow logic.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Jewell | datacurious.ai
gc
9 - Comet

I just looked at your file. Same suggestion as NickJ. Filter on field 3 for "contains E+" (or something like that), then process those records to convert out of sci notation, and union with the False out of filter.

JordanHowell
7 - Meteor

Thanks Nick!  Much appreciated.

JordanHowell
7 - Meteor

Thank you for taking a look GC.  

Labels