Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text To Column Help

JordanHowell
7 - Meteor

I have a list of SKUs that come from our oracle business intelligence program as text OR scientific form (example, 1.01E07). I need the scientific form to come through as text (1010000000) so the workflow will calculate properly.  I tried text to column splitting up the data by the "E" but that splits up any SKU with the "E" character in it.  I need those to remain the same.  

How can I accomplish this?   

4 REPLIES 4
NickJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

First of all - thanks for posting!

I used a formula/filter to split the data wherever scientific notation was used and then treated each part of the split separately (using the POW() function in a formula to fully express the scientific notation). 

I recombined these with a Union tool and you now have a full representation for your Item field which you can continue to use to build out your workflow logic.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Jewell | datacurious.ai
gc
9 - Comet

I just looked at your file. Same suggestion as NickJ. Filter on field 3 for "contains E+" (or something like that), then process those records to convert out of sci notation, and union with the False out of filter.

JordanHowell
7 - Meteor

Thanks Nick!  Much appreciated.

JordanHowell
7 - Meteor

Thank you for taking a look GC.  

Labels