Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text To Column Help

JordanHowell
7 - Meteor

I have a list of SKUs that come from our oracle business intelligence program as text OR scientific form (example, 1.01E07). I need the scientific form to come through as text (1010000000) so the workflow will calculate properly.  I tried text to column splitting up the data by the "E" but that splits up any SKU with the "E" character in it.  I need those to remain the same.  

How can I accomplish this?   

3 REPLIES 3
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

The attached workflow will use Regex to match Item string in Scientific format. It looks for a number followed by an E then an optional +/- and then final a number.

If it matches ti convert this to a value then to a string and replace the Item value.

This will convert back from the scientific notation but I would see if you can fix the source file to not have these in the first place if possible.

Hope it helps

James

JordanHowell
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much!

We will try to get they system output to change however, the bureaucracy may take a while for that.  This will help in the mean time. 

alex
11 - Bolide

SN1.JPG

EDIT - This will not handle the e+15 or larger numbers.  I did not notice when I posted that it was an issue and was already solved anyway.

Labels