Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text Box not working

EricDM
6 - Meteoroid

Untitled.png

I have an analytic app that is reading from a SQL Database.  The workflow pulls the management chain for employees and the Text Box allows the user to enter a specific employees name which will then return that employees management change up to the Chairman.

The Text Box is not working.  What am I doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I imagine that the action you are performing is updating the whole expression rather than replacing a specific string (argument).

Suppose you have this in the filter:

[Last Name] = "LNAME"

In the action configuration, you will want to check the "Replace a specific string:" box and then edit the information (above) to be:

LNAME

This will allow for the substitution of "Frisch" for "LNAME"

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
EricDM
6 - Meteoroid

Cache was the problem.  Once I cleared it, it worked as expected.  (somewhat confused)

@ceMarqueeCrew, thank you for the reply.  Much appreciated!

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

How did you discover it was a cache problem and what did you do to resolve it? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
cbz
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I have come to the same issue. with my test box are just trying to pass 201706 as a this format. I clicked replace string 201706. but when i enter 201707, it is not update in the gallery.

However, if i un-clicked the replace string function, It update the yyyymm format successfully.

Why would this happened? I thought they should doing the something?

Thanks

Chunbin

renjankj
6 - Meteoroid

Hey, How can we clear the cache? i have similar issue.

Labels