Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text Box not working

EricDM
6 - Meteoroid

Untitled.png

I have an analytic app that is reading from a SQL Database.  The workflow pulls the management chain for employees and the Text Box allows the user to enter a specific employees name which will then return that employees management change up to the Chairman.

The Text Box is not working.  What am I doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I imagine that the action you are performing is updating the whole expression rather than replacing a specific string (argument).

Suppose you have this in the filter:

[Last Name] = "LNAME"

In the action configuration, you will want to check the "Replace a specific string:" box and then edit the information (above) to be:

LNAME

This will allow for the substitution of "Frisch" for "LNAME"

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
EricDM
6 - Meteoroid

Cache was the problem.  Once I cleared it, it worked as expected.  (somewhat confused)

@ceMarqueeCrew, thank you for the reply.  Much appreciated!

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

How did you discover it was a cache problem and what did you do to resolve it? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
cbz
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I have come to the same issue. with my test box are just trying to pass 201706 as a this format. I clicked replace string 201706. but when i enter 201707, it is not update in the gallery.

However, if i un-clicked the replace string function, It update the yyyymm format successfully.

Why would this happened? I thought they should doing the something?

Thanks

Chunbin

renjankj
6 - Meteoroid

Hey, How can we clear the cache? i have similar issue.

Labels