Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text Box in Analytic App

siuwkw
7 - Meteor

Hello, Community

I have followed the video training to add text boxes to create an app but it does not work as expected. I have captured the screen. Any comments are very much welcomed.

siuwkw_0-1658667547308.png

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @siuwkw,

I couldn't access the data in the workflow to check but I suspect your problem is here:

IraWatt_0-1658668347379.png

I changed it from "2016" to just 2016. I don't think you want to overwrite the quotes as that would change its type to a number probably creating the error you have as your comparing two different data types.

Any questions or issues please ask! 
Hope that Helps

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

siuwkw
7 - Meteor

Thanks, Ira.

I find the text was not replaced in the workflow and get this message. Is there something that I have missed in the process?

Best Regards,

William

siuwkw_0-1658711505228.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Do you output to a browse window? Use interface designer to control what you see upon executing an App. Also is date a string or a date? If it's a string and you are searching for the year "2016" then use "2016" - not 2016. If it's a date - and not a string use:

datetimeformat([date],"%Y")="2016"

I'd also recommend using a list box hooked up to a list of airports. That prevents typos or other improperly formatted inputs.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@siuwkw, on the extreme left side you would see an option for interface designer you have not checked the browser tools here that is why you are not able to see the output when you run the app.

grazitti_sapna_0-1658722892357.png

Reuploading your workflow give this a try and if it still does not work would request you to provide the data files along so we can investigate the problem.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Labels