Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text Box Interface tool to update filter

jasontax
6 - Meteoroid

I am using a text box interface tool to update a filter tool.  The app runs alright but it doesn't update the filter.  Any ideas on the issue?

4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Honestly, it looks all good with me.

With an action tool on a filter, there are two areas where you can change the option 'Jan-19', either by the expression or via the hitting 'simple' and drilling down to find where it is in the tree.

If you are using a custom filter (which you are), then you must edit the expression.

If you are using a basic filter (which you are not), then you must edit the value in the 'simple tree'.

You are using a custom filter, and have edited the expression, so it should work.

Are you able to share some data so we can replicate the behaviour?

Ben

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Also, you have no output in your application; so I don't know how you know that it doesn't work...

Something you could look at, is in the interface designer, there is a 'debug mode', where you can enter your value and hit 'debug', and it will build the workflow with your values passed in.

Ben

jasontax
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks.  I added an output and it works.  It looks like the value originally stored in the filter tool doesn't change when running the application with new criteria .  I was expecting the stored value to change.

Arindom007
5 - Atom

I have a similar situation here. I have a custom filter with the expression [Profit] > 500 AND [Sales] < 200. I want to let the user update both the values in an analytic application environment using a single text box interface tool rather than using two filter tools with the expressions [Profit] > 500 and [Sales] < 200. Is that possible here somehow ? 

Labels