Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Temporary table in Alteryx?

rrr
5 - Atom

Hello everyone:

Is there a tool in designer for storing intermediate values ?

I am essentially looking for something to output data and then read it later during the work flow.

I realize, I can use Output Tool to dump the results to a file and then use Input Tool to read from that file.  But can I accomplish the same without any file I/O or writing to a database?

Thanks so much

Raghu

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If it's within a single workflow, then you don't need to save any values at all. You'll just continue with your workflow and use the data by connecting it downstream (in whatever way makes sense).

If it's between workflows then the answer is No. The solution to sharing intermediate values between workflows would be saving as a yxdb file and reading in using the In/Out Tools.

You can save constants (Workflow Configuration > Workflow), but I don't think this will suit your need and they don't work between workflows anyway. Though I had often wondered if you could create global constants by pulling them out of the XML of a workflow....

rrr
5 - Atom

Thanks Philip for your response.

It is nice to be able to name in-flight data with some variable name.  But not a deal breaker 🙂

Labels