Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Temp files taking up too much space

hyh
6 - Meteoroid

Hello guys,

I recently noticed there are these temp files in the engine folder that took up most of my space. There are 277 of them and each of them is exactly 1 GB. I tried to reboot my computer and they won't go away. I also tried to google the file name e2temp but can't find anything. I thought once workflows finish running, temp files will be deleted automatically. Can I delete these files?

hyh_0-1657058074262.pnghyh_1-1657058215424.png

14 REPLIES 14
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

We did add this to our Roadmap for consideration on an upcoming 2023 Release. This should be limited to when Engine actually crashes because it ran out of memory and it is fine to go ahead and delete the files if you do not have Designer running. We will look to add a failsafe to look for these orphan files and clean them up if they exist. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
harsh_alang
Alteryx
Alteryx

This improvement is available in 23.1 Preview 3 for users to try out. GA will be version 23.1.

HarshA
nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

I’m happy to announce that the fix has been released in the 2023.1 GA Release version May 17, 2023, which is available for download from our licensing portal  

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

I'm on 2022.3 and I'm still seeing this issue. My log files were taking up 250GBs of space, this was after a restart & without Alteryx running. Why is Alteryx keeping these files, I thought everything should be discarded after closing Alteryx?

CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

For the problem with the e2temp files there is defect GENG-3270 / GENG-3273, which was fixed and released on versions 2023.1 Patch 4 and 2023.2 Patch 1.  If  you are not ready to upgrade yet then the workaround would be to disable AMP engine on the workflow producing those files by unchecking the Use AMP Engine flag in the workflow configuration.  It is ok to manually delete those files, at least all the ones that do not have a current creation date.

You can refer to release notes on this link: https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/release-notes/designer-release-notes/designer-2023-1-release-not...

Labels