Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Telematics data practice exercise question

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

Dear Alteryx Experts

I downloaded a data related to telematics from kaggle: https://www.kaggle.com/yunlevin/levin-vehicle-telematics
The thing that I didn't understand about this data is the accData field decryption described on kaggle post, I know the hexadecimal numbers but completely I didn't understand how to decrypt the data on this field based on their written formula, I'll be appreciated if any volunteer can read and understands how the mechanism of decryption for this field could be achieved, in addition, I have 3 more questions :

1) How can we test the data after training if there is no test file?

2)Is the parsing tools in Alteryx able to decrypt (accData)?
3) Kaggle did a competition for telematics: https://www.kaggle.com/c/axa-driver-telematics-analysis
but they removed the data, Is there any other alternative data resources we can download from?

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @MAAbdullahAlMubarah,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!  Unfortunately, the questions you have posted are likely going to require you to reach back out to Kaggle for further assistance regarding their data. 

I would recommend asking them about your 1 and 3 questions.

As for the parsing tools in Alteryx, you should be able to use them to decrypt the data, but if you can show your workflow that would help members of the community to better assist you.

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @TrevorS 

Sure you are correct but Unfortiently I sent many inquiries to Kaggle more than a month but no answer for that reason I asked for assistance from Alteryx experts.

Thank you 

Labels