community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE
Alteryx Gallery is experiencing a problem in which system emails are not being sent out. As a result, if you are attempting to sign up for a new account, you may be unable to verify your email address. We are working to solve this as soon as possible and will remove this notice once resolved.

TableauServer.Login: Tool #4: Tableau Server API Request (Error Code 401001)

Meteor

Hi All,

I am getting Error: Publish to Tableau Server (21): TableauServer.Login: Tool #4: Tableau Server API Request (Sign-in) Error Code 401001: Signin Error -- Error signing in to Tableau Server.

I am using connect with server and site.

I am able to use same credential to login to my tableau website without issue.

Any help?

Thanks

V

Many of these 'login' error codes were fixed with the newest version of the Publish to Tableau Macro (v 1.08+) which can be found here: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Publish-to-Tableau-Server--Installer-/5926021ceffc2a0b7cc2bc44

Sophia Fraticelli
Customer Support Engineer
Meteor

Hi Sophia,

Though when running the workflow, it is giving me success message.

I followed the instruction but when I am checking the Meta Info for Publish to Tableau Server, it is still showing 1.04?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

V

@VS - You may need to uninstall the tool first, which you can do from the installer. Then, use the same installer to Install the tool.

Sophia Fraticelli
Meteor

Hi Sophia,

I tried doing the uninstall and reinstall but still no update (same 1.04).

Output for Uninstall

Run Command (40) 1 records were written to "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine\Engine_12420_78e6d65306b94d769808cb07ea8fed2e_\uninstall.bat"

Output for Install

Run Command (47) 1 records were written to "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine\Engine_9080_79e067eb8f33499a9df1d9dae1e21af7_\movefiles.bat"

thanks

V

You may need to manually delete any versions on your machine, then reinstall. The macro should live in %PROGRAMDATA%\Alteryx\DataProducts\DataSets\Content\PublishToTableauServer

Sophia Fraticelli
Meteor

Hi Sophia.

Thanks. I was able to delete this manually and success fully installed the 1.08.01 version.

But still getting the same error.

Error: Publish to Tableau Server (3): TableauServer.Login: Tool #4: Tableau Server API Request (Sign-in) Error Code 401001: Signin Error -- Error signing in to Tableau Server

Thanks

V

In one of the previous messages, you mentioned you were getting a success message - just wanted to confirm, have you been able to get this macro working in the past? 

Sophia Fraticelli
Meteor

Hi Sophia,

It never worked. Interesting thing is that same workflow is  is working fine for my colleague.

I triple checked the credential and can able to login directly on our tableau server with same credential but failing from alteryx workflow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

V

Asteroid

v,

Did you ever get this fixed?

There's a few of us that are having the same issue...same error.

Additionally, just like in your case, our fellow colleagues are able to run the same workflow no problem... 

Thanks,

JohnB

Labels