Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tableau cannot read Hyper extract // error "unordered_map::at: key not found"

ftorres
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone,

I've just generated a *.hyper file containing one data point, with Alteryx Designer Version 2018.1, attached you find the base data as *.yxdb file (TestExtract.yxdb) and with this very simple workflow one can convert this yxdb to a hyper file:

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 12.43.46.png

When I try to open this file with Tableau Desktop Version 10.5.3 I get the following error: "unordered_map::at: key not found" which looks like a very weird thing, here have a look:

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 12.21.09.png

I don't see anything suspicious in the the way I generate the file, here a screenshot of the content:

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 12.23.12.png

Any idea on what could it be happening? Any feedback is really appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Greetings,

Felipe

8 REPLIES 8
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ftorres - it seems to be the Time field that is throwing the error. If I remove it, I can open the file. Can you test and see if this works for you? This looks like unexpected behavior to me. I am going to investigate more and will update this thread when I have more information.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
ftorres
7 - Meteor

Hi @SophiaF

thank you a lot your very fast feedback!

Indeed, I can read the hyper extract after removing the Time field as you suggested. 

I look forward to the results of your investigations, because that looks like unexpected behaviour to me too.

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ftorres very happy to help! As Tableau doesn't seem to have a Time type, what type are you ideally trying to write out as  use this as in Tableau? It would be good for us to know internally.

As a workaround, instead of totally removing the field you can also write out as a String type and change the type to Date & Time in Tableau.

Sophia Fraticelli
Alteryx, Inc.
ftorres
7 - Meteor

@SophiaF Actually the "Time" filed was being recognised by a TDE extract so I though HYPER would do the same. But you are right, Tableau doesn't have a "Time" field which for me would be just the "time part" of a "Date & Time" field. For some situations in the project related to the data base, it was convenient to handle Date separated from Time and still have Time in a format that allows for time operations. But You're right, using Data & Time should be the same.

Thanks a lot again for your support!

Best

Felipe

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ftorres - we have filed this and it will be fixed in a future release. I don't have a specific ETA, but I will update the post when a release is out that contains the fix.

Thanks again for reporting and your feedback!

Sophia Fraticelli
Alteryx, Inc.
henry_clay
5 - Atom

I wondered if any progress has been made with this?  It is still an issue as of August 2019 using Alteryx 2019.2 and Tableau 2019.2.

Thanks if you can get to it.  The work-arounds do the job, but it feels kind of daft!

domo_arigatoo
7 - Meteor

Hi @SophiaF,

Is this fixed? Any updates?

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@domo_arigatoo  unfortunately this has not yet been fixed due to the prioritization of other fixes and the ease of the workaround. We do still have it on our radar though!

Sophia Fraticelli
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels