Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tableau Connector Not finding PRoject

michael_franz
8 - Asteroid

We are running Alteryx 2018.4 using the Tableau Connector to Tableau Server version greater than 10.5...

The tableau connector is seeing the server. I select the Project, Data Source, Create and .tde...... I then get an error that it can not find the project.. The config just spins ad spins....

We just upgraded. Have been using Tableau Connector for years in older version with no problems. Also, tried multiple projects to see if that was a fix....

When I open the macro, there is 1 icon with an error.

Error: TableauServer.OutputDataConditionally (248): The Action "Tool #11" has an error: The file "C:\Users\mf431\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\HtmlPlugins\PublishToTableauServer_v2.0.0\Supporting_Macros\%User.tempOutputLocation%test." is not a known format. (2)

Error: TableauServer.OutputDataConditionally (248): The Action "Tool #50" has an error: The file "C:\Users\mf431\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\HtmlPlugins\PublishToTableauServer_v2.0.0\Supporting_Macros\%User.tempOutputLocation%test." is not a known format. (2)

3 REPLIES 3
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

If I open the macro and run I get the same errors, but if you use it properly in a workflow it should be fine.

What version of Tableau Server are you using ?

Can you explain when you're saying that you select the TDE ? I think that version is Hyper file only

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Whilst someone helps you come to a resolution with this; the older versions of the tool are compatible with the newer versions of Alteryx; so I would consider downgrading the tool (not Alteryx); back to the version you had working stably, just whilst you reach a resolution with this!

Ben 

michael_franz
8 - Asteroid

We found it does load with the error, but you can not modify the tool as it hangs up once connected. You have to delete and reconnect. And when reviewing the scheduler for the day you see all of these as errors. which is not good because you do not know what to review and what not to review.

As far as tde ot hyper. The connector has both.

MIchael

Labels