Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table tool removing double spaces

SVERHEYDEN
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I've seen the community "fix" for this by using the Alt255 instead of a space but that doesn't seem to work. Here's the scenario, I have a table tool that's being fed into an email. There's a column in the table that has 2 spaces but the table tool removes 1 of the spaces in the email. I've tried using the Alt255 in place of the space but see image below for result

Any help would be much appreciated! Am I missing something in the replace formula?

Example: 'ABC  123' (has 2 spaces)

Replace formula: Replace([ITEM]," "," ") -- held Alt and keyed 255 for the replacement section of the formula

with spaces.jpgAlt255 replacement.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @SVERHEYDEN 
Are you able to provide us a copy of your workflow as well as some sample data?

This will help the Community to better troubleshoot the issues you are encountering.

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
SVERHEYDEN
6 - Meteoroid

@TrevorS  and fellow community, see attached sample. I've stripped out all previous steps in the workflow to simplify. Again, I need to be able to have the fields come through the table and email tools exactly how they are in the database. This means the ITEM_NO could have no spaces, 1 space, or many

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

When I run the workflow, it outputs exactly like you want it to output, with the double spaces in the first row a single in the second row.

pedrodrfaria_0-1609798926195.png

Pedro.

SVERHEYDEN
6 - Meteoroid

@pedrodrfaria it appears fine in the workflow after it's ran but the email comes through like the attached screenshot here. This is the email after I've added the Alt+255 character to try to get around the double space being removed in the table

email screenshot.jpg

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SVERHEYDEN

Seems weird, but I'm having no issues. I sent the dataset via email to my outlook account and had no issues. Have you tried with a different email? I have tried with a gmail and outlook.

pedrodrfaria_0-1609870333151.png

SVERHEYDEN
6 - Meteoroid

Solved! I found this article that got me in the right direction: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Working-with-wanted-line-breaks-and-th...

I actually ended up replacing the double space with a "|" prior to the table tool then adding a formula after the table tool to replace the new "|" with the HTML code for space " "

See attached for solution

Labels