Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Table tool column rules being incorrectly applied?

macjg
6 - Meteoroid

Baffled by this one, hopefully something obvious I am doing wrong.

I pass in this data to the Table:

input.JPG

And this is what comes out:

output.JPG

Questions are:

1) Why does some data disappear? e.g. under "K9" the first row used to be -12 and now is blank

2) Why is my column rule to turn negative numbers red not being applied consistently?

It seems like the Table has memory from previous runs where the data under the same column headings was different and is applying the formatting according to the old data - is that possible?

Any help greatly appreciated - example workflow attached.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
macjg
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Sophia

Did you get any further with this or still unable to reproduce the error?

Is it possible to speak to an Alteryx support representative directly or is this the best channel?

Thanks,

John

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi John - I've emailed you directly. I will be sure to post an update to the post for everyone else when we have a resolution!

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
dyamichael
7 - Meteor

Has there been an update on this? I believe I am running into the same issue and can't find any other helpful documentation or community discussions.

Thanks,

Michael

macjg
6 - Meteoroid

hi dyamichael

I followed up a couple weeks ago as it's been nearly 6 months since first raised - got this response from Alteryx

Thanks for following up - unfortunately we don't have an ETA to provide, but we will be sure to let you know when a release is out that contains the fix.

John

dyamichael
7 - Meteor
Thanks John. I ran into the same issue in what I thought was a corrupted
table tool inside a batch macro after a version upgrade. I remade the table
tool and rules and it ran successfully when tested in the macro. It
produced the exact same formatting errors when running the app and then did
so when testing in the macro afterwards.

Cheers,
Michael

Sent on the run.
joshbennett
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi @SophiaF 

Bumping this - it has been ~3 years since you all added this to your backlog; can you please share an update on this bug?

JakePauley
5 - Atom

Bump again.  My workflow appears to be taking the _CurrentField_ to be 2 columns to the left.  I shifted my Unknown/Dynamic columns over so there was nothing on the left and reordered them in the table tool, and now the _CurrentField_ is looking 2 columns to the right instead of to itself.

Labels